This warm salad makes a satisfying vegan meal, as well as being a delicious side dish for roast chicken or grilled salmon. Puy lentils are packed with minerals as they grow in the volcanic region of Le Pu yen Velay in France. I often add goat’s cheese or feta cheese if there are any leftovers the next day.
1 pouch of precooked Merchant Gourmet Puy lentils (250g cooked lentils)
125g sprouting broccoli - ends trimmed
10g of mint leaves
10g of flat leaf parsley
10g of coriander
50g spinach leaves
1 tsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp ruby harissa
60ml extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic - crushed
1. Heat a non stick frying pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil.
2. Cook the broccoli for 3 – 4 minutes, until lightly charred. Add 1 tbsp of
water half way through the cooking process to steam fry the broccoli.
3. Make up the dressing by adding all the ingredients to a small jar, season
and shake well.
4. Heat the lentils according to the instructions on the packet if using.
5. Roughly chop the herbs and mix through the lentils with the spinach.
6. Pile the herbed lentils on a platter and arrange the cooked sprouting
broccoli on top.
7. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.