SPEEDY VIETNAMESE CHICKEN PHO
300ml good quality chicken stock (I like to use Ossa Organic)
2 star anise
1 small thumb of ginger - peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 small head of pak choy
1 spring onion - sliced on the diagonal
50g bean sprouts
1 red chilli - deseeded and finely sliced
some sprigs of fresh coriander
50g rice noodles (King Soba pumpkin and ginger are my favourite)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove of garlic - crushed
1 tsp toasted sesame oil (I prefer to use Clearspring)
Juice of ½ lime
100g chicken breast
- Heat the chicken broth gently in a pan with the star anise.
- Meanwhile, marinate the chicken breast in the soy sauce and garlic.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the chicken until it cooked through.
- Meantime, wilt the pak choy in the same pan.
- Add the noodles to the hot stock and heat up until almost boiling and the noodles are cooked (about 6 min).
- Pour the stock into a bowl with the noodles and add the Pak choy, noodles and ginger matchsticks.
- Slice the chicken and arrange on the broth.
- Garnish with the bean sprouts, chilli, coriander, spring onions and drizzle with sesame oil and lime juice.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.