Blueberry protein pancakes
Sunday 13th August is #blueberry day so what better day to brunch on these heathy protein packed blueberry pancakes? Blueberries are packed with antioxidants which can prevent heart disease and cancer and other age related diseases.
Ingredients (makes about 20 pancakes)
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
1 tbsp agave nectar
200g punnet of blueberries
maple syrup to serve
- Blend together the oats, Quark, eggs, vanilla and agave nectar until you make a smooth batter.
- Add in 100g (about half) the blueberries to the pancake batter.
- Heat a trying pan and brush with a small amount of olive oil or butter.
- Add 1 tbsp of batter to make each mini pancake and allow to cook for about 90 seconds or until there are small bubbles on the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and then cook for another minute.
- serve with more berries and maple syrup.
Leave a Reply