THE STRAWBERRY SERIES: SUMMER STRAWBERRY GAZPACHO
Gazpacho, a chilled tomato based soup is a classic summer dish hailing from Southern Spain, which makes the most of the summer produce. I adapted the traditional recipe to feature the most fragrant ripe strawberries that I picked up at Borough market last week, which required eating immediately!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
225g ripe strawberries, hulled
100g cucumber, peeled
75g red pepper, deseeded
100g ripe baby plum tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1 small red chilli
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
Some water to thin
1. Using a food processor, blend the chilli, garlic, tomatoes, cucumber and
red pepper until smooth.
2. Add the strawberries and olive oil and blend well.
3. Taste and add the balsamic vinegar (you may need slightly less or more
depending on the ripeness of both the tomatoes and strawberries).
4. If the mixture is too thick, add some chilled water and blend again before
5. Chill for at least one hour before serving - top with basil leaves and
drizzle over olive oil.
Leave a Reply