THE STRAWBERRY SERIES: SUMMER SEA TROUT WITH A STRAWBERRY, PEA SHOOT AND AVOCADO SALAD
This seasonal low carb meal makes the most of strawberries, basil and pea shoots. which are in their prime and are full of nutrients. The pea shoots are not only high in all water soluble vitamins such as vitamins B1, B2 and B6 and vitamin C but also in minerals, including zinc, copper, phosphorus and folate along with dietary fibre, important for digestion. Likewise, the trout is packed full of omega 3 fish oils, which can reduce inflammation and help prevent cancer.
TIP- The trout can be marinated if desired and be pan-fried, baked or even poached. Salmon can also be used in place of trout.
For the salad
50g pea shoots
½ medium avocado, diced roughly
¼ red onion, finely sliced
50g fresh English strawberries, cut into half
For the fish
125g sea trout fillet (From Fishbox
–Use the code 'UrbanKitchen1' for 50% off your first box) ½ juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp floral mustard
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
20g lemon or normal basil
½ tsp Maldon salt
1. Prepare the marinade by mixing together the mustard, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice and marinate the trout for at least 15 minutes.
2. Slice the red onion and soak in a bowl of iced water in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. In the meantime, prepare the basil oil by blitzing the lemon basil with the oil and salt in a small food processor. You may need to add a little more oil to ensure that it is
not too thick.
4. Arrange the washed pea shoots in a plate stopped with the strawberry halves, diced avocado and red onion.
5. Heat a large non-stick pan and pan-fry the trout for about 3 minutes on
each side or until fully cooked.
6. Arrange onto the salad and drizzle with the basil oil.
Leave a Reply