Paleo chestnut and chocolate chip cookies
These paleo cookies are healthier versions of our favourite chocolate chip cookies but are gluten and dairy-free, free of true nuts and refined sugar. Whilst it is made of unrefined products, it's still high in saturated fat and sugars so these are still a treat!
Ingredients (makes about 22 cookies) - 103kcal (1g protein, 7g fat, 12g carbs)
80g coconut oil
60g agave nectar - I use Groovy Food Company
30g coconut syrup (could swap for maple syrup)
80g Merchant Gourmet chestnut puree
2 tbsp vanilla extract
150g chestnut flour, available on Ocado, Sous Chef, Shipton Mill
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
150g good quality dairy-free chocolate chips - I used Hotel Chocolat dark drops or Willie's
- Beat together together the coconut oil, agave nectar and coconut syrup with an electric whisk or mixer until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract, chestnut puree and egg and mix well.
- Beat in the chestnut flour, baking powder and salt.
- When well mixed, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the mixture into a large roll, around 3cm in diameter and wrap in cling film.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180c/ 350f/ Gas mark 4.
- Cut the cookie dough into 0.5cm slices and arrange on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12- 14 minutes - they may seem uncooked in the middle but will continue cooking whilst they cool.
- Eat warm or cool and store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Leave a Reply