ITALIAN STEAK SALAD WITH A HERB DRESSING
It's the beginning of autumn where we still have beautiful warm days when the sun shines but there is a nip in the air. On those days, I'm never quite sure what I want to eat, particularly for lunch. This seasonal salad hits the spot with the warm roasted vegetables and the herbed steak and dressing. The roast tomatoes are a fantastic standby when tomatoes start losing their taste in the winter.
Farmdrop connect people directly with producers, so that you can get your hands the freshest seasonal food. It is delivered to your door the same day it leaves the fields and kitchens of local farmers and food makers.
We've setup the code URBAN10 for you to experience the simplicity of Farmdrop and their delicious farm to plate produce. This will give you £10 off your first order (you'll need to spend a minimum of £10.01 for the code to work)
For the salad:
2 x 250g steak fillets
15g flat leaf parsley
10g oregano or marjoram
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
400g squash or pumpkin, cut into wedges
100g baby tomatoes, cut into half
70g mixed salad leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing:
1 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp grain mustard
1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180c/ 350f / gas mark 4.
- Line two baking trays with non-stick Teflon sheets or foil.
- Arrange the squash wedges on one tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season well.
- Arrange the tomatoes on the other tray and season.
- Bake the tomatoes and squash wedges for 30 min until cooked through and browned at the edges.
- In the meantime, prepare the marinade for the steak – mix together 5g each of the three herbs, finely chopped, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil. Pour over the steaks and season well.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a small jar and mixing well.
- When the vegetables are roasted, allow to cool.
- Arrange the washed salad leaves on 2 or 3 plates.
- Heat up a frying pan and cook the steak to your liking – medium rare are will require about 2 min and 30 secs on each side depending on the thickness of the steak.
- Allow the steak to rest on a board when cooked for about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the squash wedges and roasted tomatoes onto the salad.
- Roughly chop the remaining herbs and scatter over the vegetables.
- Slice the steak diagonally and arrange on the salad. Season
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply